SEO Website Makeover – Redesign
Bring us your tired, your old, your perpetual “Under Construction” website. Does your website look like this? Ugly Websites We can help! We can bring your website up to current standards and turn it into a site you are proud to show potential customers. Your website is one of your most valuable sales tools. It is constantly working for you 24/7 showing your customers why they should pick your products and services over the competition.
Think about how many times today, yesterday, last week you performed a Internet search for a product or service. Now think about how you felt about the websites you visited during these searches. You probably got some strong initial feelings about if you were interested in the products or services. That is a websites “Voice”.
What is your website currently telling your visitors about your company? Is it crisp and clean? Can a visitor know within seconds what you do and sell? Is basic navigation easy to use? Can visitors find the information they need quickly and easily? Is your site “Sticky”? The more a visitor returns and uses a website, the sites “Stickiness” increases.
Who does your website serve?
- Is your website a testimony to your supreme awesomeness in the sale of widgets and being a global authority? Does your website use excessive corporate jargon or other forms of speech that alienate your audience while not really saying anything?
- Does your website answer questions about who, what and why. Does it answer specific and detailed questions a perspective customer might have? Does your website show your knowledge and expertise in your field?
- Is your website easy to navigate? Can visitors easily find what they are looking for quickly? Would your website pass the “Internet Illiterate Test” (find the least Internet / Website knowlegable person you can and ask them to find things on your website)? Can your website be easily navigated by someone handicapped with special needs?
- Does your website load quickly allowing visitors access your website easily via dial up (yes, people & businesses still use dial up)? Does your website allow visitors view your website easily in decades old browsers (I.E. 6 is still alive and terrorizing web developers by being the least code compliant web browser ever). Does your website work in all browsers? Is your website code compliant and validate per standards? Is your website code optimized (extra code bloat removed)? Are your images optimized (reduced bloat)?
- Do you have a Flash splash page with a count down till the visitor can view the site? Is your website created entirely in Flash?
If your answer is yes - Your website is serving you.
If your answer is yes – Your website is serving your visitors.
If your answer is yes – Your website is serving your visitors .
If your answer is no – Your website is serving no one.
If your answer is no – Your website is serving no one – Google cannot read Flash.
A Websites Two Main Visitors to Design and Optimize For
One of the main things we try to educate our clients on is who their website is designed for. First for visitors then for search engines. A website is a tool. A tool is only as good as its return in value. Cavemen knew this concept when they struck two pieces of flint together to make a fire. Visitors are coming to your website for a reason – They want a solution to a problem. If they can find a solution they trust easily and quickly they will convert into a client. If not they bounce back to the search engines in search of the solution. You must always keep your visitors needs first. After all, you would not have a website unless you were advertising to potential customers.
Trust was mentioned above. Trust is a major factor in customer conversion. You might have all the answers, statistics and solutions but if the visitor does not TRUST your website they will not convert. Website trust is more than secure order forms. Website trust comes from design factors like layout, colors, etc. Think of a website like a car. When you look at a car you have preconceived stereotypes’. Red car = sporty, Mini Van = family, etc. You also expect that the gas is on the right and the brake is on the left. You trust this standard convention no matter who the car maker is. The same is true of a website, visitors expect certain elements to be common.
Your second client to design a website for is search engines.
The entire point of of a business being on the Internet is to gain targeted visitors who are interested in purchasing the businesses goods and services. Search engines like well structured and designed websites that are code standard compliant. They like websites that are American Disability Association compliant. Search engines also like websites that are lean and load quickly. Most of all search engines like non-duplicated high quality informational content. These are just a few of search engines favorite things… (Search engines do not care if your business is a Sound of Music fan , unless your business is directly related ~ grin ~). A search engine like Google uses over 500 signals (favorites and dislikes) to tell it how to feel about your website. The more ways you can optimize your website the better! However… you always have to keep your human visitor in mind first and foremost.
We can help your website develop a strong presence and clear message to help your clients choose you rather than your competition. Visitors to your website are looking for reasons to convert into customers. Proper website design along with compelling content that is original and highly informational answers questions that your potential customers might have. Answering these questions reduces visitor bounce rate and improves page conversion.